Parking apps have indeed become quite popular in contemporary times. These apps allow drivers to save both money and time. They are also much helpful for the city infrastructure because it reduces the risk of accidents, inner-city traffic, and amplifies space use.
Overall, smart parking apps are booming in the industry. It is expected that the parking app market will be around $11.13 billion by 2027. Furthermore, advanced parking tech solutions are not restrained by the applications. However, when an answer to parking problems is required, nothing can replace mobile applications’ solutions. Also, they are needed for the best solutions, such as automated vault parking applications. That is why the demand for App Development Services in Toowoomba has risen in recent times as parking app projects have significantly increased.
Categories of Parking Apps
You should learn the weaknesses and strengths of the competitors if you are entering a new industry.
1. By Parking Time
It is divided into two categories that are targeted at meeting serval parking needs. However, the app can have both options.
- Parking on the Fly: Some apps are personalised to find a parking space available in the area.
- Parking in Advance – An on-demand parking booking application could allow users to pay beforehand to book a spot before deciding to park.
2. Geographical coverage
When choosing a way of arriving at the market, a business is required to select one of these ways:
- Aiming at Spreading Geographically: It needs to be understood that parking apps may cover a few cities or a whole nation. Indeed, few offer international services simultaneously.
- Focussing on localisation: Mobile parking applications can be made for few megalopolises to cover as many spaces as possible for parking needs inside the coverage location.
3. By the method of finding available parking places
Serval parking applications highlight accessible parking places on the map. Other applications allow users to find a parking area differently. Few apps put GPS navigation at the central point of their operation – allowing people to come to a nearby parking area. Keep in mind that parking should not be the only feature of a standalone app. It can be offered as an extra feature simultaneously.
4. Payment methods
There is also the scope of downloading maximum parking apps for free on your smartphone. However, such apps require in-app payments to book a parking space. They offer various payment methods, including PayPal, Apple Pay, and credit card. Also, many apps allow drivers to pay by phone for parking.
Some apps offer the scope to choose parking spots based on the type of payment. This includes cash payment for those who want to restrain from making cashless payments.
On-street parking: Some tools help people leave their car somewhere temporarily beside the footpath or anywhere on the street.
Off-street parking: It can be for both indoors and outdoors. It includes parking garages, driveways, and private areas.
Both on-street and off-street tools can support an application to show accessible parking lots, plus include several more features like payment and reservation.